Error while running batch_processing.ipynb

I am not sure, but maybe you can have a look at the compute room on the ground floor of Informatic Department?

I had a look, only 5% of the time is spent on collision detection. Everything else is trajectory feasibility checking together with optimization, implemented in python. The actual time on a powerful machine is given here.

https://commonroad.in.tum.de/documentation/tutorials/commonroad_search/tut_01/cr_search_motion_primitives

It could be possible to go down to 5+5 sec per scenario configuring search algorithm parameters.

State-of-the-art algorithms have close-to-realtime performance. Search is search.

The compute room on the ground floor has very slow thin clients.

Use Google Colaboratory instead - limited to 12 hours or less, but powerful CPUs. You can run several instances in parallel. :slight_smile: Configure once and upload binaries to git - or use Docker.

So how do we install it on colab? Are there any steps? Bcos is not just a normal installation

1 Like

Hi, When I run gbfs_only_time, I get 0 solutions with 120 timeout. I latest pulled the on the weekend. Any idea what could go wrong or how to run that particular .py file ?

Hi, I just checked again. It should be working.
Here is what I have done:

1. download the virtual machine image
  2. change the planner id in batch processing configuration file to 3
  3. change MotionPlanner_gbfs_only_time.py to MotionPlanner.py (you can also change the code in batch_search.py to read MotionPlanner_gbfs_only_time.py instead)
  4. run batch processing
  5. get results

If it still doesn’t work for you, you might try increasing the timeout time to see if the situation change.

2 Likes

It works. Thanks! However, @jkljkljkl , the same motion_planner_gbfs_only_time does not work in multiprocessing batch processing. It gives 0 solutions with this, howver it worked with motion_planner_gbfs. :slight_smile:

I have not used the one provide by jkljkljkl, but I suppose by changing the name temporarily from motion_planner_gbfs_only_time to motion_planner_gbfs should also work with his approach.

I did try all the permmutations with the names! Weird error!

Hi!
I just made a new multicore batch processing notebook. You could download it and run it locally.

I only changed the planner id in the config file, renamed the files, restarted the kernel - and it worked.

Tested with both motion planners, worked well.