Win10 Docker installation problem: no file in jupyter notebook

Hi,

I’ve tried the suggested manual in this link:

, but after running these code in power shell:

docker run -it -p 9000:8888 --name commonroadsearch --mount src="$(pwd)",target=/commonroad/commonroad-search,type=bind commonroad-search:2022_AI

I can’t see anything useful in the jupyter notebook. To be exact, localhost:9000 works and opens up a jupyter notebook, where a folder named commonroad-search is there. But after clicking it, it will jump to the dir that given while installing ( the dir that ran Get-Content) . Same result for entering the container via Docker.

So what could be wrong? Very appreciated if anyone can answer!

1 Like

Hi there. I have almost the same issue here.

I believe I have correctly installed the docker and the image and the container based on the instructions from docker · master · tum-cps / commonroad-search · GitLab. Then I open the browser and see there is literallty NOTHING under the folder “commonroad-search”

So I guess maybe we need to clone the repo from tum-cps / commonroad-search · GitLab (lrz.de)?

Hi both,

thanks for your posts. We will take a look again and double-check running the Docker image on Windows. Meanwhile, have you cloned the repo from tum-cps/commonroad-search? As ge64mun already mentioned, you would need to clone it and run the docker run command from within the root folder of your locally cloned CR-Search repository. (see docker/README.md: “In the root folder of the CommonRoad Search repository:”)

Could you let us know if this solves the problem?

Best,
Gerald

Thanks for the tip! It works now, after I’ve cloned the whole repo and run docker run from the root dir.

It’s just my silly mistake :rofl:. The installation instructions and packaging are perfect to use and thanks for all your efforst. But it was kinda misleading, because the README.md at root dir put the git clone command before the “Local Installation” chapter. Careless people like me might have also overlooked and thought only need to clone the docker folder. It would be nice if you would add a reminder of that. Just a small tip:)

Thanks for the suggestion! It worked after cloning the whole repo.

I see, thanks for the suggestion. We adapted the README and made it a little clearer, that one should first clone the Repository before doing any of the other steps in the README :slight_smile:

Best,
Gerald