'trajectory': {
                    'unique_colors': True,
                }
            }
        },
        "time_begin": args.begin * args.speed,

}

The drawing routine

draw_object(scenario, handles=handles, draw_params=draw_params)
    draw_object(planning_problem_set)
    fig.canvas.draw()
    plt.autoscale()
    input("Press enter to start animation and start writing frames")
    # redraw
    for i in range(args.begin + 1, args.begin + number_frames):
        draw_params["time_begin"] = i * args.speed
        redraw_obstacles(scenario, handles=handles, figure_handle=fig, draw_params=draw_params)

Results in (when applying the first update of the frame):

File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/figure.py", line 1735, in draw
    mimage._draw_list_compositing_images(
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/image.py", line 137, in _draw_list_compositing_images
    a.draw(renderer)
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/artist.py", line 38, in draw_wrapper
    return draw(artist, renderer, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/axes/_base.py", line 2630, in draw
    mimage._draw_list_compositing_images(renderer, self, artists)
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/image.py", line 137, in _draw_list_compositing_images
    a.draw(renderer)
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/artist.py", line 38, in draw_wrapper
    return draw(artist, renderer, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/collections.py", line 1788, in draw
    self._set_transforms()
  File "/home/niels/.local/share/virtualenvs/...-odHG8oUv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matplotlib/collections.py", line 1782, in _set_transforms
    m = ax.transData.get_affine().get_matrix().copy()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'transData'

An Exception during drawing the Ellipse of the vehicle trajectory I assume.
I could track the failure down to “unique_colors”, if its set to False there are no problems.
This is not a pressing issue since I can live without colorful trajectories but maybe a nice to know.

For some reason the unique_colors option doesn’t works when using it with redraw_obstacles, with draw_object it works. I have to go deeper into that.

Best,
Moritz