Strange behavior inside the docker

I am observing this weird behavior when I run goal.is_reached(state) inside the docker linked to the commonroad-search project. Actually, I modified this docker by installing the latest version of drivability checker and commonroad-io.

Maybe someone can confirm whether they experience the same.

Problem: Planner cannot find a solution to a very simple problem
Cause: Planner calls goal.is_reached which ALWAYS return false
Root Cause: The scenario declares for the goal object the interval (-3.14, +3.14) for orientation
(I did not try with other ranges)

Expected behavior: An orientation of 0.0 is within the interval (-3.14, +3.14) (any angle should do it); that is the call goal._check_value_in_interval(state_new.orientation, goal_state.orientation) [1] returns True

Local execution (on mac): matches the expectations
Execution inside the docker: returns False

[1] https://gitlab.lrz.de/tum-cps/commonroad_io/-/blob/master/commonroad/planning/goal.py#L100

Hi alessiogambi,

The cause for the problem could potentially be that you installed commonroad_dc using python setup.py install instead of python -m pip install . --use-feature=in-tree-build

The former installs beta (unstable) versions of third-party python packages, the latter installs the release versions of those.

We observed some problems with recent unstable versions of third-party python packages. Using the release versions in a new conda environment could solve the problem.

P.S. The last flag --use-feature=in-tree-build can be omitted for commonroad_dc version 2021.3 or earlier.