S_min/s_max in Tutorial 02

Hello Team,

I have some issues with planning the motion of the ego vehicle. When I try to run commonRoad_io Tutorial 2 Exercise 4, an error occurs:

constr.append(x[0, k + 1] <= s_max[k])
IndexError: list index out of range

It seems the problem originates in the following lines

for o in dyn_obstacles:
    if o.initial_state.position[0] < x_0[0]:
        [...]
        prediction = o.prediction.trajectory.state_list    
        for p in prediction:
            s_min.append(p.position[0] + o.obstacle_shape.length/2. + 2.5)
    else:
        [...]
        for p in prediction:
            s_max.append(p.position[0] - o.obstacle_shape.length/2. - 2.5)

where prediction is evaluated for both following and leading vehicle. However, it seems like the line

does not generate output of the same length in both cases, as suggested by evaluating the sizes of s_min and s_max:

npy.shape(s_min)
(40,)
npy.shape(s_max)
(39,)

Is there a reason why the prediction of the leading vehicle is missing one time step? I hope I didnt miss anything important, thanks in advance for your answer!

Did you use the tutorials from the commonroad-io repository (https://gitlab.lrz.de/tum-cps/commonroad_io/-/tree/master/commonroad/tutorials)?
If not, please try these tutorials.

Best,
Sebastian

Yes, I downloaded optimization_solution.ipynb , but when I run it, the same IndexError is thrown after input section 8. Lengths of s_min and s_max are still 40 and 39 respectively.
Plotted values from input section 7 (s_min: blue, s_max_red):
plot_s_min_s_max

I had the same results on a different machine. Has anyone else had this issue/ is it reproducible?

Can you try to run the scenario jupyter notebook again?

1 Like

No, I created the .xml file according to the website, which seems to have been a mistake.
Running the scenario jupyter notebook from the repository and recreating the .xml file from it made it work - thank you very much for your help!