Rescaled action values for PM model

Hi Xiao,

I want to plot the rescaled action values instead of the normalized ones. While doing so, I was wondering, why in the function set_rescale_factor of the ContinuousAction class the rescale factor for the second action (in bold) which refers to the ego vehicle steering angle rate ist the same as for the ego vehicle acceleration. I am using the PM model. Is this on purpose? The README of the commonroad environment states that the actions are rescaled with the vehicle type’s longitudinal.a_max and steering.v_max.

def _set_rescale_factors(self):
a_max = self.vehicle.parameters.longitudinal.a_max
# rescale factors for PM model
if self.vehicle.vehicle_model == VehicleModel.PM:
self._rescale_factor = np.array([a_max, a_max])
self._rescale_bias = 0.0

The calculation of the new state in the class ContinuousVehicle indicates that for the PM model the two actions are acceleration in x-direction and acceleration in y-direction instead of the vehicle’s absolute acceleration and steering angle rate. Is this correct?

Best,
Annabel

Hi Annabel,

Yes, the actions for the PM model are the accelerations in x- and y- direction, instead of longitudinal accelerations and steering angular rate. Please refer to this doc for more details of the vehicle models used in CommonRoad-RL.

Best,
Xiao