Problems with the GUI: Crash of program and editing curves

Hello,

while trying to create scenarios with the CommonRoad Scenario Designer GUI, I faced two problems:

1. The GUI crashes very often. Unfortunately, it is not always the same action in the GUI that leads to a crash (so not clearly reproducable), but it happens with conversions from OSM to CommonRoad with the Map Converter Toolbox as well as operations from the Road Network Toolbox.
    Especially when trying to create adjacents, the GUI crashes.
    Exit codes I get are for example -1073740791 (0xC0000409) or -1073740940 (0xC0000374)

2. When trying to change the attributes of a curved lanelet, the desired attributes won’t be updated, but instead the length of the lanelet is set to 14.14m.

I installed the Designer on Windows 10 using PyCharm (Python 3.10) as well as on Virtual Box with Ubuntu using PyCharm (Python 3.11). The mentioned problems occur in both cases.

Hi Sofie,

we will release a new major version of the scenario-designer by end of next week.
However, to check whether your mentioned problems are already fixed in the new release, we need some further feedback to reproduce the error:

• the .osm map (or the area from which it is extracted)
  • a video of the GUI crash when creating adjacent lanelets
  • a video of the GUI crash when changing the curved lanelet attributes

Please send me the mention files via email (sebastian.maierhofer@tum.de).

I tested it on Ubuntu and Windows but could not reproduce the crashes (with our develop version and the official 0.7.2 release of the scenario-designer).

The bugs when updating lanelets will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the crashes, I would wait for the next release and see whether they also occur there (we did a major refactoring of the backend for better error handling).

We released the new version of the scenario designer.