OpenDRIVE to Lanelet2 Conversion Error

I converted openDRIVE map to Lanelet2 format using commonroad designer. I then tried using lanelet2 api to get a route from a start lanelet and end lanelet. It doesn’t give any route and gives me an empty LaneletPath. However, the same route can be seen on openDRIVE map using odrviewer.io as shown in the figure

1 Like

Based on your description it is difficult to find the reason for the problem.
Can you send me the OpenDRIVE map via email (sebastian.maierhofer@tum.de)?

1 Like

I sent you the openDRIVE map. I also used new release 0.7.1 for conversion and it didn’t help either.

In CommonRoad the successor/predecessor relationships are correct:

As far as I know, lanelet2 automatically computes the lanelet relationships based on the equality of the vertices.
You could try to adjust this parameter..

The converter is currently not able to repair this automatically.
However, we are working on an automated repairing tool that we hope to release in a few months (this should solve this problem).

Yes, the map in the CommonRoad is correct. But somehow when I use lanelet2 api and try to get following lanelets from a specific lanelet, it doesn’t give any and gives an empty array. I could actually see the lanelets correctly defined on JOSM tool as well. But I will try to adjust the parameter like you said and see if that helps. Thanks

Hi Sebastian,
I tried adjusting the parameter, and when the parameter value is set to 0, I get the route or following lanelets. Thanks for the suggestion.