Mona Dataset Code RuntimeError: Unable to find target for this triple (no targets are registered)

Hello, I put this in the Benchmark & Challenges category because there was another entry about Mona. Please let me know if that is not the right one.

I try to get the mona dataset code to run but first the folder structure is very different from the Readme and then, when I execute mona detect on “reference_drives/raw/east_outgoing/east-000-000.yaml” I get an error already during the import. Here the copied error:

mona detect ./reference_drives/raw/east_outgoing/east-000-000.yaml ./mona_test_output/
Total progress:   0%|                                                                                                                                                                      | 0/1 [00:00<?, ?file/s]Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/multiprocessing/spawn.py", line 105, in spawn_main
    exitcode = _main(fd)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/multiprocessing/spawn.py", line 115, in _main
    self = reduction.pickle.load(from_parent)
  File "/home/saschaho/Repositories/mona-dataset/mona/detection/detector.py", line 22, in <module>
    from mona.detection.detection import (
  File "/home/saschaho/Repositories/mona-dataset/mona/detection/detection.py", line 10, in <module>
    from .mask_util import (
  File "/home/saschaho/Repositories/mona-dataset/mona/detection/mask_util.py", line 79, in <module>
    def _find_contours(cnts: np.ndarray, rows: int) -> np.ndarray:
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/decorators.py", line 258, in njit
    return jit(*args, **kws)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/decorators.py", line 179, in jit
    return wrapper(pyfunc)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/decorators.py", line 210, in wrapper
    **dispatcher_args)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/dispatcher.py", line 824, in __init__
    self.targetctx = self.targetdescr.target_context
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/registry.py", line 47, in target_context
    return self._toplevel_target_context
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/utils.py", line 430, in __get__
    val = self.func(instance)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/registry.py", line 31, in _toplevel_target_context
    return cpu.CPUContext(self.typing_context, self._target_name)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/cpu.py", line 41, in __init__
    super().__init__(typingctx, target)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/base.py", line 262, in __init__
    self.init()
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/compiler_lock.py", line 35, in _acquire_compile_lock
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/cpu.py", line 50, in init
    self._internal_codegen = codegen.JITCPUCodegen("numba.exec")
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/codegen.py", line 1172, in __init__
    self._init(self._llvm_module)
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numba/core/codegen.py", line 1177, in _init
    target = ll.Target.from_triple(ll.get_process_triple())
  File "/home/saschaho/anaconda3/envs/mona-toolchain/lib/python3.7/site-packages/llvmlite/binding/targets.py", line 197, in from_triple
    raise RuntimeError(str(outerr))
RuntimeError: Unable to find target for this triple (no targets are registered)
Total progress:   0%|   

Is this a known problem or can somebody help me fix it?

Hi,
I have tried to reproduce your problem using the minimal docker image of our repository. However, I didn’t encounter the problem you showed. I have added some instructions on how to use the docker image for the toolchain. Could you try again using the image?

Hi,

thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately due to safety concerns, Docker is not an option on the machine I am doing this. Let me see if I somehow moved away from the installation instructions and debug this a bit on my own.

Could you say a word about the data structure of the downloadable data? It seems to me its very different from the README so I don’t know the train, val and test split? This may be the same issue if I am using the wrong file.

Thank you already!

It seems your problem stems from a numba jit compiled function. You could try to remove the decorator here and here.

Regarding the data structure, the reference_drives folder contains the trajectories recorded on our test vehicle and serves as our test data. videos and processed contain the raw and processed data of the full dataset.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you. Not sure what the reason was but that solved it and I was able to run the detection script.

You can close this thread.