Many problems not possible

Hello,

I am a little bit upset because I already spent multiple days on this project due to the fact that I thought the project is really cool, but some solutions are impossible to solve. I tried multiple hours to solve some ACC tasks, because I implemented an ACC control unit & a predictive collision warner from another lecture and I thought it would be easiest task for debugging. But in these examples:

[ DEU_A9-2_1_T-1]

[ DEU_A99-1_1_T-1]

[ DEU_A99-1_2_T-1]

[ ZAM_ACC-1_3_S-1]

[ ZAM_ACC-1_3_T-1]

[ ZAM_HW-1_1_S-1]

the v_init is bigger than the maximum speed of the vehicle as you can see here(from the trajectory file of the bmw (last trajectory with fastest v):

<steering_angle>-0.0</steering_angle>
<time_step>0</time_step>

<time_step>5</time_step>

<time_step>1</time_step>

<time_step>2</time_step>

<time_step>3</time_step>

<time_step>4</time_step>

Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

H.

Hi,
Yes, it is true that some of the early scenarios might not be solvable (as the validity checker had only been added afterwards). However, in the list that you have provided, DEU_A9-2_1_T-1 is solvable, see here.

Hello vitalii_risinov,

thank you for the quick answer.
For some problems the main problem for a saftey orientated motion planner is the time, because the scenarios are often finished when the acc-target vehicle stops in the middle of the goal area.
If you use an alogrithmn where a saftey distance is used (x_0+v_ego*2) its really hard to successfully do them, because its avoiding small gaps where the car just fits in. Examples are:

[USA_Lanker-2_24_T-1]

[USA_Lanker-2_5_T-1]

[USA_Peach-3_2_T-1]

[DEU_Ffb-1_3_T-1]

Some more, don’t remember the names

Is there a way to increase the time horizont a little bit (2s) for the scenarios that saftey ortientated algrithmns with saftey margin can cover the missing distance?

Thank you and have a nice sunday.

H.

I don’t know. Let’s see if somebody answers. :slight_smile: