Login into VM/commonroad fails after increasing disk size

After increasing the size of my disk i can’t log in the Virtual Machine anymore. I can still launch it and it even shows the Login interface (commonroad,…). Inserting the Login credentials also works fine and it seems like it would work (black screen for 2 seconds) but then it just returns back to the Log in window.
Unfortunatly i can’t revert to the old disk space (VM doesnt allow me to set the size lower)

Is this a known issue? Or is there a way to retrieve my solution files/student.py? I haven’t yet submitted my code/logs to moodle

To clarify where I’m stuck

I was able to fix the problem!
The reason i couldnt log in anymore was due to the fact that even though i increased the disk space my Main Disk Partition /dev/sad1 was 100% full. To resolve the issue i had to delete some files to free up some space. Afterwards i could login again.
To be able to use the extra space i allocated, I had to create a new partition of the Hard Disk

Could you also specify the reason that you want to enlarge the size? The latest VM already has around 20GB of space.

The VM i downloaded (Version [25.11.21] ) only had 15 GB storage for me, unzipping the prize scenarios then posed problems for me.

Hi, yes, some students reported that they run out of storage at the beginning of the release of the exercise, and thus I have updated the VM. The current version is [01.12.21] with 20 GB storage.

Hi Edmond,

Could you add a little more disk space for me? After entering the virtual machine, the available space is only 5.9GB. I am doing a semesterarbeit (semester thesis) about Monte Carlo trees search and I need some configuration of the virtual machine. Yesterday I also encountered a login Stalled at the login interface. Probably before shutting down, I selected the first button and then made a backup of the virtual machine…

You can find the LUbuntu 18.04 (20.04 also available) image here. You can easily create a VM with your desired config.