Less than 500 scenarios processed

Hello,
I have noticed, that if I run batch_processing_parallel, my total number of processed scenarios never adds up to 500. Even in the tutorial, the total number of scenarious adds up to 499. It always looks like this (my implementation):
Result Summary:
Total number: 500
Solution found: 339
Solution found but invalid: 0
Solution not found: 19
Exception occured: 0
Time out: 140
So total number is 498, not 500. Is there any way, I can actually test 500 scenarios, rather than 499 or 498? However, there are still 340 solution files in the outputs/solutions folder, which is very confusing. Is this just some multithreading problem and my solution actually generates 340 solutions or does the batch_processing somehow only test 498 scenarious?

Hi VladV,
You are right, in “Result Summary”, the total number of processed scenarios is not summed up to 500 with batch_processing_parallel(). There are 2 scenarios missing, one is “ZAM_Ramp-1_1-T-1”, which has a problem with parsing (we are working on solving this problem), the other one comes from a random scenario which is actually processed and just not counted in the “Result Summary”(seems like a multithreading problem), this might be your case that it says only 339 “Solution found”, but 340 solutions generated. The number actually matters is the Success number in evaluation system after you upload the solutions to the website. So you don’t need to worry too much about total number is not 500, but thank you for pointing this out!

Best,
Ling

1 Like