Is the map in Mona trajectory extraction used for anything else than orientation estimation?

Hi,

I am trying to apply Mona to a new dataset and my maps, when converted with the scenario editor, are a bit messed up and there are no marked intersections or incoming lanes. I was wondering however how much I am able to just ignore and delete parts of the map and run the post-processing steps without the map or with minimal map information.

In the code it seems maps are only used for orientation estimation. Is that correct or did I overlook something?

Thanks for the awesome code. I’m running into a lot of issues but so far everything was relatively easy to fix thanks to the clean coding and good documentation.

Best,
Sascha

P.S. Also to use an osm converted map in mona it seems necessary to have the origin as georeference. However, this is not written by default into the file. Where the origin is, is not straightforward because the converter calculates it’s own center from the data and an export, e.g. from OpenStreetMap uses different min-max lat and lon bounds. By using the GraphScenario I was able to get the origin which the converter calculates to add it manually to the file but I think this could be either more easily accessible by being part of a scenario or the exported common roads file should have this entered automatically instead of 999. However, maybe it is already easier to get this and I didn’t find this.

Hi,

the map is used for the orientation of detected vehicles and during tracking, to associate detections only in adjacent lanelets of the tracked object.

Regarding the origin: You could use this example to obtain a map that contains the geo-reference, including the position of the origin.