Installation on M1 (or ARM) Mac

I’ve tried installing via pip for 3 days now. The issues are many, and unfolding rapidly in succession.
0.) all extra packages needed (CMake, Boost, OpenMP, Eigen3) is not very well documented
1.) The package relies on X86-64 architecture – this was fixed by running in rosetta 22.) The clang initially on Mac is not initially able to find libomp header file ‘omp.h’ for building when using eigen. This could not be fixed using standard hints from homebrew as to setting correct env variables. However after extensive research it works when adding the path of ‘omp.h’ to $CFLAGS.
3.) Over 20 files in building returns: ‘error: no member named ‘list’ in namespace ‘std’’. This causes the build to yet again crash.

All of these nested dependencies is truly emerging its potential for insane troubleshooting for me. Now I’m stuck as I won’t go and edit the package at its core adding the #include as is indicated by my first research into the last error.

Has anyone here been able to install commonroads on ARM Mac and if so, please lend me your magical wand and/ or spell as this has not been working out for me.

Here is some extra errors:

[ 95%] Building CXX object cpp/CMakeFiles/crcc.dir/collision/src/tests/online_tests/broadphase_test.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object cpp/CMakeFiles/crcc.dir/collision/src/tests/online_tests/test_common.cc.o
[ 96%] Linking CXX static library libcrcc.a
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libcrcc.a(broadphase_test.cc.o) has no symbols
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libcrcc.a(test_common.cc.o) has no symbols
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libcrcc.a(broadphase_test.cc.o) has no symbols
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libcrcc.a(test_common.cc.o) has no symbols
[ 96%] Built target crcc
[ 96%] Building CXX object cpp/CMakeFiles/crccosy.dir/geometry/src/segment.cc.o
[ 96%] Building CXX object cpp/CMakeFiles/crccosy.dir/geometry/src/curvilinear_coordinate_system.cc.o
In file included from /private/var/folders/94/wm45lcfj7sv746_0rnyvdk840000gn/T/pip-install-eaq1srue/commonroad-drivability-checker_1e5a182dcf7e4f659c6b82f5a5e606b6/cpp/geometry/src/curvilinear_coordinate_system.cc:1:
/private/var/folders/94/wm45lcfj7sv746_0rnyvdk840000gn/T/pip-install-eaq1srue/commonroad-drivability-checker_1e5a182dcf7e4f659c6b82f5a5e606b6/cpp/geometry/include/geometry/curvilinear_coordinate_system.h:538:18: error: no template named ‘list’ in namespace ‘std’
const std::list indices_range,

To the best of my knowledge, we haven’t built the drivability checker for Apple M1 CPU. We used an intel machine to build a python wheel. This python wheel installs and works well on the Apple M1 cpu. Please see the last post of the page

for installation instructions. Anaconda 64 bit and not Anaconda 64 bit (M1) should be used.

Hi peterll,

indeed we have recently adjusted the installation such that it is compatible with the MacOS M1 (ARM) platform. However, we have not yet released the PyPi wheels yet, we will do that in the coming days. Please check out the development branch in our public repository here, and test if you can build it.

We are currently in the process of migrating our public repositories to GitHub (instead of GitLab), so the GitLab Repos might be outdated. However, we are working on getting this done as quickly as possible and hope to also push the ARM PyPi wheels for the drivability checker in the coming days.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out!
Best,
Gerald