Getting started in the Virtual Box

Hi, I am pretty new to programming and I am not sure how to start the exercise. I use the Virtual Box and wanted to adapt the student.py file.

1. How can I run the student.py file (a “.ipynb” is no problem but in .py there is no run option). I guess I have to use some kind of IDE. How can I use one in the VM? Do I have to install anything?

2. Am I supposed to do the coding exclusively in the student.py file (the xml output, the search algorithm, …)?

Thank you for your help.

Hi, I would suggest running your code via parallel or sequential batch processing functions (mentioned in the tutorials), you just need to change the configuration file to call the student.py for solving the problems. You can install PyCharm or any other IDE as you wish.
And yes, you just need to program in that one file. As mentioned, it could be called by the batch processing script to generate solution files to the given scenarios. Of course, you are free to generate your own set of motion primitives if you would like to change some of the parameters.