Getting Exceptions even though just copying A*

Hi there!

I have trying to start with the Commonroads challenge, but I am encountering really weird behavior. With my first own implementation I was getting quite a few of exceptions, so I tried to track down where the problem is coming from. So I copy pasted A* in the Student Functions, and it worked fine!

But then, I added the definition of the heuristic function again, just copying the one von BestFirstSearch, which is the one it is inheriting anyways, and suddenly I am getting numerous exceptions again, leading to solving fewer Scenarios than before.

This behavior doesn’t make much sense to me right now, and since there is no reason printed for exceptions, I also have no clue on how to start debugging. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is what the Sudent Motion planner looks like with the heuristic function added

Try with python 3.7? It’s hard to guess what kinds of exceptions you are getting.

Same with me here. Neither importing nor simply copy pasting seems to work and the additional Exceptions do not correspond to the Timeouts I usually see.

I have the same error as ge74mux, how can one even see which Exceptions were thrown? As far as im aware the auto-generated logs don’t really help.