Error when running Parallel Batch Processing

Hi,

Today I have successfully installed Drivability Checker in MacOS M1 with the help of Vitaliy.

But when I run tutorial 4, with the parallel batch processing, It comes to an error, as shown below. There is no problem when I run sequential batch processing.

Could someone help me?
Thanks already.

Hi, this issue did not occur on VM, Docker and local installation that I have tested (all under Python 3.7). I noticed that you are using python 3.8, could you try with an environment using python 3.7 and see if the issue persists?

Hi Edmond,
because the VM, Docker and local installation can not run successfully on macOS with M1 chip. I have tried all these methods.
And with help of Vitaliy, I installed a wheel using Anaconda into a new python environment, which requires python 3.8.

It works now for all the other tutorials.

Or maybe I can send this wheel to you so that you can check this issue? It indeed can not be installed on Python 3.7.

The wheel can only be installed with python 3.8.

So either a new wheel needs to be built for python 3.7, or the batch processing script needs to be changed, or both.

Did you use the same Anaconda distribution with python 3.7 as before (Anaconda graphical installer)? Was it easy to install python 3.7 on macOS M1?

Hi,
I am not sure if I have fully understood…
The pip install the new wheel and ./build.sh -w -i don’t work for environment common-road-py37. But The new wheel works for common-road-py38, which is created with command $ conda create -n commonroad-py38 python=3.8 -y.
When I run tutorial 4, with the parallel batch processing, It comes to the error of “circular import”? I don’t know how to edit these .py files, these are too complicated for me to debug.
Thanks for your help, otherwise I could not even run all the notebooks related to commonroad checker. :slight_smile:

Did you create the environment common-road-py37 using the same conda as commonroad-py38 ?

Yes, I used the code conda create -n commonroad-py37 python=3.7 -y to create commonroad-py37, as you can see in the picture. :frowning:

It is confirmed that batch processing works under macOS (Apple M1 processor) in python 3.7 using a new wheel.

1 Like

I have a similar problem and wanted to know, if you found any solution. I have a Macbook as well with a M1 Max processor.

Thanks already in advance! :slight_smile:

I reinstalled anaconda, now it is working! I took the 64-bit Anaconda Installer, and run now python 3.7…