Copy parts of student_example.py

Hello,
are we allowed to copy parts of student_example.py into our own student.py implementation?
Thanks,
Florian

Hi Florian,

Yes of course. You are allowed to copy parts of student_example code.

Best,
Mingxuan

I have runned today my code for the first time to just get familiar with code structure. I don’t any solutions after 50 scenarios by running student_example (insert the value batch_processing_config.yaml). Is that normal or do I have a problem?

Hi amse,

Thank you for your question. It seems that you have some problems with your code.

Does the notebook freeze, and the memory usage grows? Or does the batch processing terminate?

Please check whether the other tutorial notebook and the other planner (e.g., astar or gbfs) still works. If not, you could try to reinstall your conda environment. Please make sure that you create a fresh conda environment for commonroad.

If reinstallation still doesn’t fix your problem, it would be the best if you could provide some information about your platform, how you run your code and the printed result of pip list.

Best,
Mingxuan

Hey Mingxuan,
thank you for your reply. Actually, everything works fine. Only by changing planner: student_example provides no solutions.
Any other suggestions how can I debug that?

Dear amse,

I test the student_example planner in docker on win 10. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the bug you describe. For your reference, on my machine, student_example planner goes through all 500 scenarios and successfully solves 45 scenarios .

If you still have this bug, please provide more information about how you run the code, thus we can reproduce it and figure it out what happens in your code.

Best,
Mingxuan

1 Like