Converting solutions generated in Windows OS into standard solution

Deal all,

The question is originally raised in moodle forum in this thread.
Windows OS doesn’t allow : to appear in the file name. As a consequence, solution files generated in Windows OS don’t follow the naming convention in exercise_guide of repository.

To upload your solution properly, we have prepared a script for you to convert these solutions and can be found in repository under outputs/rename.py, or this link (of course you can pull the latest update via git pull). To use this script, you will need copy and paste your solution file to a working Linux or Mac OS and run it there. You could either set up a VM, or use the computer in public computer workspace at TUM, e.g., Große Rechnerhalle in MI building. Please inform yourself well whether there is an installed Linux OS on the computer before you go to any public computer workspace.

Best regards,
Mingxuan

For the windows system, WinRAR is a avaliable solution to solve the zip problem. :smile:

1 Like

Hi a11,

Thank you for your suggestion.

But I think the problem is not related to how to zip the solutions. I have tried once to zip them with another software before. However, at that time though the solution could be zipped, they still do not follow the solution convention we have when we unzipped them on Ubuntu. The solution convention can be found in section 7 and section 7.1 of exercise_guide.pdf.

More explicitly, it should be, for example, KS2:SM1:USA Lanker-1_2_T-1:2020a. Please pay attention that : is not allowed to appear in the file name on win 10 (at least based on my test). Please check carefully whether your solutions follow the correct convention to avoid possible trouble during the evaluation of your solution.

Best,
Mingxuan