Can't log in to Lubuntu in VB

Hi,

as suggested I wanted to work on my heuristic for the commonroad exercise through the VB.
I downloaded and tested it yesterday and it worked perfectly. Now today I can’t log in to Lubuntu in the VB.
The password is correct but as soon as I try to log in, the screen gets black and after a second it shows the log in screen again, similar to this: https://askubuntu.com/questions/722554/ubuntu-keeps-going-to-log-in-screen-on-oracle-vm-virtualbox
The “solutions” proposed in this link did not help with my problem.
Would be nice if someone faced the same problems and can help me out. I did not change any of the settings since yesterday.

1 Like

Hi dings,

Personally I have not encountered such a problem. Have you tried downloading the image or installing the virtual box again?
Here are some other potential solutions: 1, 2

1 Like

Thank you for your help!
I tried those solutions but I couldn’t fix the problem.
I am just reinstalling now, which is not the perfect solution as I started working on the heuristic already but maybe still faster than trying to fix the problem. :smiley:

Hi dings!
Have you solved the problem after reinstalling? I’ve encountered the same problem…

Yes I can log in now after reinstalling.
Still having problems (Batch processing doesn’t have storage to save solution files), but that’s probably another topic.

Thanks, great!
After re-download and reinstall, i can finally log in.

Hi,
glad to hear your problem is resolved. Regarding the space, it is true that there is no much space left on the disc, but it shouldn’t be a problem for the solution files, as each of them only occupy few KBs. Maybe you can try emptying the trash folder?

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem as Joe and dings…
I read in one of the linked forums that reducing storage might be the solution for the log-in-problem.
I am able to log in via the terminal, but I can not finde the trash folder. Has anybody an idea where it is located? Are there any other folders I can empty, too?

Hi, the latest virtual machine image should be large enough for installing IDEs and so on, there is almost 5GB of free space, so I don’t think space is the issue.

Hi,

I got an error message indicating not enough memory and wanted to deal with it the next day. I worked with PyCharm that will probably occupy most of the memory and really ran a lot of tests.

You could set how much memory you would like to allocate to the VM before launching. Go to setting of the VM image → System → Motherboard → Base memroy.

I can´t. I can just set it up to 11384MB, but I fixed the problem by reinstalling like the others.
Thanks for the tips.

1 Like