Cannot Import "process_scenario" while executing batch_processing

Hello, I am having trouble executing batch_processing_parallel and batch_processing_sequential files, as I am always getting this Error:

Additionaly I have noticed, that many imports dont work, though I have not changed anything in the files. I marked the commonroad-search folder as source root, but this has not helped.
If I try to run the script from the tutorial_batch_processing in the python console, I get the same Import Error, but this time “cannot import name run_parallel_processing”
Any ideas what i might be doing wrong? Thanks very much in advance
Vladislav

Hello Vladislav,

Did you try to execute these scripts in the browser Jupyter notebook?

Rongtao

Thanks for your reply! Yes, unfortunately, I get an import error in Jupyter as well. I tried many things and I dont see a reason, why it shouldnt be possible to import the files
Vladislav

Hi Vladislav,

which installation option did you choose? And on which Platform are you running the Code?

Best,
Gerald

CommonRoad-Search requires python 3.7 (not a higher version). One reason for this error could be that your anaconda environment uses some other python version.

Hi Gerald,
I am using the VM installation option, running on virtual box. I ran the code on pycharm and tried in the browser using Jypiter Notebook, but result was the same.

Unfortunately, this is not the case, as I am using the VM with python 3.7.11

This is quite a strange situation, I just tried tutorial4(batch_processing) again in the vm environment. But I didn’t encounter the issue about unable to import process_scenario. Maybe you can uplode your changed student.py file to cloud and delete the VM file then re-unzip the VM image.

This has helped, thank you!