An easy way to handle ego vehicle initial position which is already ocuupied

Dear all,

I found in some scenarios. ego_vehicle is already a part of the scenario, which means that the initial position is already occupied. e.g. in USA_Peach-2_1_T-1.

Are there some simple ways to overcome it?

Thanks!

Hi, this should not be the case and we would remove such a scenario.
But in this case, the visualization doesn’t make the impression that the initial position is occupied https://fs.commonroad.in.tum.de/scenarios/2020a/gif/USA_Peach-2_1_T-1.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=crwminio&Signature=PsTMMB5VD5GLsL3RVsAUPRO8UJQ%3D&Expires=1625017106. Can you describe how you came to the conclusion that it is occupied?

HI,

thanks I think is only visualization problem, caues I used draw_object(ego_vehicle)

Additionally I would like to know, how to change the color of ego vehicle, and I think draw_object has been deprecated. What is the alternative of it?

We have an updated implementation using the visitor pattern. You can find a description of it here.

With the new implementation it should be possible to render obstacles individually using the .draw() function. You can provide a user-defined draw_params dictionary with a custom color to the call to .draw() for the ego vehicle.