Installation CommonRoad Drivability Check

Hey,
I’ve been trying to install CommonRoad Drivability Checker, however when trying to build bash, it throws out an error:
(cr) C:\Users\marco\commonroad-drivability-checker>bash build.sh -e C:/Users/marco/Anaconda3/envs/cr -v 3.7 --cgal --serializer -i -j 4 build.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found build.sh: line 9: $'\r': command not found build.sh: line 37: $'\r': command not found build.sh: line 39: syntax error near unexpected token $’{\r’’
'uild.sh: line 39: function print() {

I’m working on Windows and Linux Bash Shell is supposedly installed.Obviously, I’m not famailiar with Linux. Is there a quick way around it? Thanks.

Hi Marcos,

There is no windows support. Well, it would work in “Ubuntu for Windows 10”, but it is recommended to use the provided virtual machine if you don’t have linux installed.

Or you could also try out the docker image.

I was using WSL though.
In regards to docker, I’ve built the image locally, but every time I try to run the container, an error about abs path pops up.

Since this consumed enough time already, shall I just install Ubuntu? P.S. I plan to enrol for Cyber-Physical class next semester and obviously CommonRoad will be used.

I would then recommend installing Ubuntu 18.04.
Apparently there was a student who could run the code in Windows and docker. See this.

1 Like

Hi Marcos,

You should probably install Ubuntu 18.04.

But the actual reason for your error is that you used git from within Windows. You are supposed to clone the git repository from ‘Ubuntu for Windows 10’.

You might want to try that - and if it doesn’t work quickly - install real Ubuntu.
It has always worked for me though using different laptops/Windows 10 installations.

1 Like

Installing Ubuntu was way better option! Thanks.